The Property Manager a shall serve the Glen Eyrie Group (GEG) and fulfill the responsibilities listed below in the spirit of The Navigators calling, values and purpose: To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His Kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
The Property Manager is responsible for maintaining the physical property of Eagle Lake Camps, which includes: maintaining and improving the buildings, grounds, utilities, equipment and other facilities. Success in this position will provide exceptional facility-related experiences for all guests and staff. All aspects of this role are intended to provide a Christ-centered, world-class camp property to guests.
50% Property Management:
● Ensure the uninterrupted service of utilities across camp properties.
● Maintain efficient function of all Eagle Lake facilities and equipment with an emphasis on scheduled, preventive maintenance.
● Steward all physical areas of the camp, including but not limited to: roads, landscaping, pastures, forests, buildings, and lake.
● Available as needed to respond to the operational/facility needs of guests and staff.
● Maintain security of the camp, including:
o The removal of stray/wild animals during summer.
o Greet and dismiss human trespassers
o The training and use of fire-fighting equipment
o Implementing emergency preparedness plan in case forest fire or dam failure
● Responsible, in conjunction with the Administrative Director and DFM to maintain and supervise professional and governmental agency associations. These include, but are not limited to:
o State of Colorado (Department of Human Services, etc.)
o Christian Camping and Conference Association (CCCA)
o American Camping Association (ACA)
15% Special Project Management:
● Assisting in planning and execution of construction projects as needed.
● Responsible for the supervision of and interaction with outside (third-party) suppliers, vendors, service persons for routine camp needs as well as special projects.
20% Utilities Oversight:
● Serve as Liaison and provide compliance documentation to regulating authorities, including health department, state of Colorado, etc for water/wastewater systems, water rights, dam maintenance, etc.
● Create and maintain as-built documentation of buildings, utility systems, and road/ trail systems on property.
10% Administrative Responsibilities:
● Function as the Eagle Lake Camps representative to the Glen Eyrie Operations team, as well as serving on other applicable teams and committees.
● Raise personal support and meet funding requirements per direction of the Director of Eagle Lake Camps
● Attend staff meetings and functions, and ensure the attendance of subordinates at appropriate meetings and functions.
● Maintain own mental, physical, and emotional and spiritual life, as well as for personal participation in staff development and Bible studies for staff.
5% Fleet Maintenance:
● Perform periodic preventative maintenance of site specific heavy equipment and vehicles.
● Assist DFM and GEG Fleet Manager with maintenance and repair of program-specific vehicles during camp season.
● Belief in and adherence to the Statement of Faith and Mission of The Navigators.
● Demonstrates a sincere and mature walk with Jesus Christ
● Willingness to abide by the policies of the Eagle Lake Staff Handbook
● At least 25 years of age
● Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed
● Bachelor’s degree in applicable field
● Two years of supervisory work
● Three years of maintenance or related work
● Basic knowledge in the area of carpentry, automotive, electricity, plumbing, HVAC, water systems, sewer systems, heavy equipment, and dam safety
● Possess a clean driving record
● Certification in Advanced First Aid/CPR or equivalent
● Licensed as a water and waste water operator
● Licensed to drive all camp vehicles
● Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work with little supervision
● Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks and independently manage work flow of self and team based on appropriate needs and demands.
● Demonstrates ability to control, manage, and organize details
● High attention to detail required