The Project Manager shall serve The Navigators and fulfill the responsibilities listed below in the spirit of The Navigators calling, values and purpose: To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
This position serves The Navigators by managing projects in the Business Systems department through partnerships with The Navigators’ Headquarters departments and resources. The Project Manager works with project clients and manages all project resources providing day-to-day coordination, quality control throughout projects’ life cycles. The Project Manager plans and ensures execution of projects according to deadlines and budgets.
Strategy & Planning
• Manage assigned projects within The Navigators Headquarters (HQ) departments (and other areas as assigned).
• Owns all assigned projects to include processes and deliverables.
• Performs Needs Assessments for all assigned project proposals including high level discovery and formal assessments.
• Assist in the development plans from each assigned project proposal stage, including business case development (work scope, task descriptions, budget estimates and resource requirements) to meet objectives and commitments.
• Assist in the development of all assigned logical framework project charters.
• Assembles and leads each assigned project team and delegates tasks to appropriate team members across HQ resources.
• Tracks planned vs. actual project performance for all assigned projects.
• Communicates project status reports to Project Management Office (PMO) regarding project accomplishments, problem areas and budgets.
• Conducts post implementation reviews for process improvement, evaluation and documents lessons learned.
• Communicates related information as needed to the Director of Business Systems, and appropriate stakeholders.
• Assists in the presentation of project management training workshops for HQ and field staff.
• Maintains all documents, as needed through assigned project lifecycles with/for managers and customer contacts.
• Maintains current knowledge of technology and process development in the project management arena.
• Review and recommend resources to accommodate constraints for all assigned projects.
• Belief in and adherence to the Statement of Faith and Mission of The Navigators.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, management information systems, or management or equivalent education and/or certifications.
• Minimum 5 years related work experience
• Experienced in managing and monitoring the work of team members and ability to provide project management training.
• Ability to work with others and foster an atmosphere of collaboration.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work well with all levels of management, in a diverse environment, and a variety of demanding internal and external customers.
• Understands the lifecycle process for complex technology projects involving multiple groups throughout the organization.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team.
• Adept at conducting research into technology related issues and products.
• Must have the ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.