Navigator Experience Strongly Preferred
The Assistant to the National Staff Gathering Directors shall serve The Navigators and fulfill the responsibilities listed below in the spirit of The Navigators calling, values and purpose: To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost. This position serves The Navigators by assisting the National Staff Gathering Co-Directors organize and complete work to ensure that the National Staff Gathering runs smoothly.
• Maintain appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and teleconferences for the Director of Special Events and Projects and other Event Managers as requested
• Coordinate meetings and ensure meeting rooms are prepared and ready, including all audio-visual equipment
• Take meeting minutes
• Type and revise documents
• Respond to routine correspondence by phone or e-mail
• Be a sounding board for event needs
• Coordinate travel arrangements—including air, car and hotel reservations
• Monitor event timeline and send reminders to directors
• Run event reports
• Run errands as needed—to purchase materials and thank-you gifts. To select companies—copies, binding, designer and printer, etc.
• Other job-related duties and special projects as assigned
• Assist with Pre-Event Preparation
• Maintaining and process event mailings and shipments
• Preparing event materials, handouts, nametags, attendee lists, etc.
• Ship materials and supplies to venue
• Event On-site Coordination
• Attend event to assist with needs that may arise onsite during event.
• Belief in and adherence to the Statement of Faith and Mission of The Navigators.
• Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail)
• Able to work independently with little supervision
• Strong prioritizing skills
• Quick learner/self-starter
• Ability to multi-task
• Able to handle details accurately and quickly
• Versatile (able to address a wide variety of projects)
• Good people skills (staff, donors, vendors)
• Represent The Navigators well to the public
• Can handle many tasks at once; has a large capacity for tasks
• Ability to travel