The Insurance Risk Manager shall serve The Navigators and fulfill the responsibilities listed below in the spirit of The Navigators calling, values and purpose: To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
This position develops and administers risk-management and loss-prevention programs for The Navigators. Will be responsible for initiating and developing policies which comply with safety legislation and industry practices. Serve as a liaison with insurance defense counsel, insurance companies and individuals, investigating any incidences that may result in asset loss. Review and analyze risk management programs for the effectiveness of coverage and to reduce costs and losses.
Oversee Captive Insurance Program
· Collect underwriting data in support of policy renewals.
· Review insurance vendors, including negotiation of insurance coverage and cost and management of related service vendors.
· Review insurance policies and endorsements to ensure adequacy and accuracy of policy documents and coverages; identify coverage gaps and exclusions; analyze appropriate coverage limits and deductibles; and oversee maintenance of all insurance policies, binders, endorsements in hard copy and/or electronic form.
· Manage broker and underwriter communication, services and resources to ensure effective flow of information and most effective use of broker and carrier resources.
· Oversee budget preparation, analysis, and Insurance Department’s operations.
Risk Control and Assessment
· Provide leadership support for the development of proactive risk and loss control programs and appropriate risk management solutions.
· Develop strategies for improving and implementing loss and injury prevention techniques/procedures.
Risk Finance Program