The social media specialist shall serve The Navigators and fulfill the responsibilities listed below in the spirit of The Navigators calling, values, and purpose: To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His Kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
The social media specialist is responsible for creating, acquiring, and managing content for Navigator corporate social media sites, as well as contributing to the production of the internal all-staff email publication, and handling email inquiries from the public.
Social Media 70%
· Implement social media strategic plan to strengthen The Navigators brand and engage its online following.
· Prepare, schedule, and post content to The Navigators corporate social media accounts in accordance with editorial policies.
· Design graphics and edit photos to accompany social media and blog content.
· Maintain social media editorial calendar and syndication schedule.
· Respond to social media user inquiries, comments, and suggestions in a timely manner, building meaningful connections when able.
· Produce live streaming video content on social media sites in collaboration with the Media Coordinator.
· Optimize content on Navigators.org for sharing on social media.
· Improve content performance and grow overall audience by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices.
· Coordinate with the Development Department and Human Resources to improve online fundraising and online job posting respectively.
· Serve as an organizational resource by understanding social media trends.
· Develop awareness of external audiences and issues, protecting The Navigators interests in online communities. Monitor any potential issues that may arise.
· Uphold and maintain social media guidelines for The Navigators. Advise various Navigator missions and ministries on social media issues.
· Recommend appropriate social media vehicles for The Navigators to join.
Internal Communication 20%
· Assist in the preparation of weekly email to be distributed to all Navigator staff.
o Assemble the announcement content in the email marketing system.
o Schedule announcements for publication on the staff intranet.
o Oversee visual elements of the email, incorporating graphic images and photos to improve readability.
· Update and maintain the intranet events calendar and bulletin board. Add, edit, and delete content as appropriate.
· Prepare and send calendar invitations to headquarters staff for qualifying events as needed and requested.
· Assist in determining usage of content for internal communications channels as appropriate by working closely with other members of the Communications Department and other ministry departments as required.
Additional Responsibilities 10%
· Design graphics for Navigators.org blog posts and ministry resources.
· Develop familiarity with the organizational crisis management plan to assist in crisis situations.
· Contribute to the overall excellence of the Communications Department.
· Develop advanced capabilities through ongoing training opportunities.
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Prefer two or more years of progressively responsible and varied experience in content management.
· Experience maintaining social media outlets to include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
· Moderate skill in graphic design and photo editing.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
· Excellent skills in preparing content for a variety of audiences, with emphasis on writing for the web (e.g. social media sites, blog content, etc.).
· Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks; work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
· Skilled in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite and other software including digital image editing such as Adobe Photoshop.
· Must have accurate and efficient typing skills.
· Able to establish rapport with ministry staff, employees, vendors, and external audiences.
· Ability to effectively follow written and oral instructions.
· Belief in and adherence to the Statement of Faith and Mission of The Navigators, including knowledge of Navigator missions, ministries, and networks.